Plans’ benefits include wellness services, such as access to healthy delivered meals, personal home helpers, pest control, and health-related transportation
BATON ROUGE, La.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Healthy Blue is introducing a new Medicare Advantage plan designed for individuals eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid in 27 Louisiana parishes. This plan will give Louisiana residents in these parishes access to a package of 10 wellness services – including nutrition support and counseling, health-related transportation, and alternative medicine. Healthy Blue recognizes that these types of social and support services can be drivers of good health, are important to Medicare-eligible consumers, and can be key factors when individuals make enrollment choices in this year’s Medicare annual election period.
The Essential Extras package, which contains the 10 service choices, will be offered to consumers enrolled in the 2020 Healthy Blue Dual Advantage (HMO D-SNP) Medicare Advantage plan.
“When we looked at the underlying medical, behavioral, and environmental obstacles consumers often face, we designed a menu of wellness services that can help people lead healthier lives,” said Aaron Lambert, Healthy Blue president. “By taking a whole-person approach to health, we’re offering individuals eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid a health plan and benefits that will help remove hurdles to healthier living.”
Members who have access to the Essential Extras package will be able to select one of the 10 services listed below, at no extra cost. Members should consult their Explanation of Coverage document for specific benefit details as benefits may vary by plan.
- Healthy Nutrition: Based on qualifying clinical criteria, access to eight (8) sessions per year with a dietitian who can provide nutritional education support as well as monthly delivery of pantry staples (nonperishable items) to help make dietary changes.
- Pest Control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household pests that may impact a chronic condition.
- Health and Fitness Tracker: The member is provided a fitness tracker device as well as membership in programs to promote improved physical and mind fitness.
- Service Dog Support: Up to $500 annual allowance to help pay for items used to care for a member’s service dog, such as leashes and vests. The dog must be certified under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Healthy Food Deliveries: Up to 16 delivered meals four times each calendar year (64 total) to support members who are either discharged from an overnight stay at a hospital, have a Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 25 or less than 18, or has an A1C level more than 9.0.
- Transportation: Up to 60 one-way trips per year to health-related appointments or to obtain a service covered by the health plan.
- Personal Home Helper: Up to 124 hours of an in-home personal care aide for assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, and bathing.
- Assistive Devices: Up to a $500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, hand-held shower heads, and reaching devices.
- Day Center Visits: Up to one (1) visit per week for adult day center services, in order to help older adults who need supervision and assistance.
- Alternative Medicine: Up to 24 acupuncture and/or therapeutic massage visits each calendar year.
The 2020 Healthy Blue Dual Advantage (HMO D-SNP) Medicare Advantage plan will be available to residents in the following parishes: Acadia, Ascension, Assumption, Bossier, Caddo, DeSoto, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. John Baptist, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Terrebonne, Washington, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.
In addition to this offering, the Essential Extras package, Health Blue’s Dual Advantage (HMO D-SNP) Medicare Advantage plan offers health plan benefits such as dental, vision, and podiatry visits; a personal emergency response system; as well as an allowance for health-related over-the-counter products. The plan also gives members access to SilverSneakers, a fitness program tailored to older adults.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of these health plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP). The AEP begins October 15, 2019, and continues through December 7, 2019, and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the opportunity to sign up for Healthy Blue 2020 Medicare Advantage plans.
For more details about these health plan benefits and Healthy Blue’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (855) 928-0178, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT seven days a week, Oct. 1 to March 31. Individuals can also visit the company’s online store at www.healthybluela.com/medicare.
Healthy Blue is an HMO D-SNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Louisiana Medicaid program. Enrollment in Healthy Blue depends on contract renewal. Healthy Blue is the trade name of Community Care Health Plan of Louisiana, Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電1-888-230-7338（TTY：711）。 ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare.
About Healthy Blue
Healthy Blue, formerly known as Amerigroup Louisiana, is a managed healthcare provider that has been serving the state since 2012, and currently serves the state’s Medicaid, Medicaid Expansion and LaCHIP programs, and starting in 2020 will include D-SNP Medicare services. Healthy Blue, a joint venture between Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and Amerigroup’s parent company, recognizes the challenges low-income and underserved individuals face, and tailors its programs such that health plan members are assured care that is not only accessible, but also accountable, comprehensive, integrated and patient-centered. Healthy Blue provides ongoing community relations and outreach to encourage members to become active participants in their healthcare. Also, through health education programs, members are empowered to choose and sustain healthy lifestyles. To learn more about Healthy Blue, visit www.myhealthybluela.com.
Copyright ⓒ Acrofan/Business Wire All Right Reserved